- Container Operations- Dammam Port plays a vital role in serving the world markets with over 20 shipping lines and more than 14 weekly services connecting Dammam port to the World.
At SGPC we provide state of art container handling facility to the Customers with 2 containers berths equipped with 6 Super Post Panamax Cranes with outreach of 22 rows wide for Container handling at wharf to cater to the world’s largest container vessels. The Container Operations include Loading on Vessel, Discharge from Vessel, Container Inspection Facility, Stuffing, Stripping, Examination, X Ray etc.
These Operations are supported by latest container handling equipment’s and fully automated Terminal Operating System COSMOS.
2. Reefer Operations- At SGPC we provide state of art Refrigerated Cold Storage facility of 1570 square meters and temperature range of -25* C to +12* C, LCL containers are shifted to this area stripped, stored, examined and delivered to Consignee. Reefer Operations is supported with 1000 reefer plugs at Yard
CFS Operations- Container Freight Station provides an array of services based on the customers’ requirements which include:
- LCL (Less than Container Load)
- FCL Un-stuffing/ Stuffing
- Rework/ Consolidation Operations
- Cross Stuffing
- Weight Reduction of Containers
- Export Stuffing
- Storage -Open/ Covered
- Delivery of Cargo
3. Rail Operations- SGP has 3 Rail sidings for handling of Riyadh Bound Import Containers, containers are shifted to Rail Area after discharging for Rail Loading, and Containers loaded on Wagons on FIFO basis and BL wise for faster clearance at Riyadh.
4. Empty Storage Operations- SGPC also supports storage of Import empty returned containers. Shipping Lines can request the loading back of the empty containers on Vessel .
1. EDI message exchange- The Terminal Operating System COSMOS has fully integrated EDI module that generates and auto delivers EDIs through email to our customers. This included following UN EDIFACT EDIs:
Also the Import/Export EDIs uploaded by Ship Agents to Saudi EDI, a government based nationwide EDI system, are uploaded to Terminal operating system by our Planning department without the need for manual data entry. This ensures data accuracy and faster data availability in our TOS for operational planning.
2. Online Truck Appointment Management System- Application development under progress
After the implementation of Truck Appointment System, trucking companies will be able to create the truck appointment for a given time slots either to Pick up or drop off the container at the Terminal.
This helps to reduce long queues at the Gates and also reduces information processing times and facilitates a more efficient allocation of personnel. Trucks arrives as per appointment when needed and benefit from faster processing and reduced waiting times thereby improving customer satisfaction and productivity for both trucking companies and terminal operator.
3. CCTV- Entire SGPC Terminal facility is under 24 hour CCTV monitoring thereby improving the safety , security & integrity of Cargo
4. Berthing Report- On line tracking of Vessel Berthing schedule for Customers & Port users
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.